emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad_129 View Post
i want to know how to send amail
what im doing wrong. I get into my photo file pick one of them push my trackwheel and choose sent as an email. I put the address and when i want to sent it i havent the choice to sent only to keep it
Well - as I already tried to ask:
Can you send the file with the default BB-eMail-Composer? YES|NO ?

if NO - go to the BBFileScout options and uncheck "use BB-default eMail composer" - now try to send an attachment from BBFileScout (a dialogue opens wher you enter recipient, subject and email body text) - then press the SEND-Button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
When I installed the latest 0.4.12 release earlier today, I initially encountered the 907 error. I immediately tried again, and I was successful the second time. This has been typical for the last several releases.
this evening I encountered this also the first time (with the 0.4.12 release) - that was the motivation for me to investigate this [tried to understand HOW this normally is done/working]

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
I assume from your post that you rebuilt 0.4.12 a bit differently. I reinstalled 0.4.12 on top of itself, and I was prompted to reboot (very common when upgrading BlackBerry apps). After rebooting again, I reinstalled one more time -- this time no reboot was necessary.
it was/is not building the application different...

let me explain what I did (wrong)... When I build the application with my IDE I get 1 x jad (with a internal reference to one cod) and 1 x cod itself - when the cod have a quite a small size, then everything is fine...

but since a couple of builds the file size was getting bigger and bigger and so the jad contained references to 3 different cod's (while there was still only a single cod created by the IDE) - IDE btw. is the Integrated Development Environment - so in the past I manually edited the JAD, so it only contained a single reference to the COD... that worked quite well for my Storm - and others did also not had issues.

I knew already, that a COD can be also a archive containing sub-cod files... and finally it made "click" in my head... instead of patching the JAD each time the key is to UNPACK the IDE created COD and provide the JAD + all the COD parts... placing all that in a single folder on the webserver...

Now I can even test OTA-Installation with the Phone Simulators (which I was not able in the past)... So I always "patched" at the wrong end and since a few minutes the "correct" files should be on the webserver and I just hope, that all OTA-installer issues with the other devices are solved also.
Offline   Reply With Quote