View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #18
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

From what you say Poynt was the problem. Rapid unusual battery drainage is almost always from excessive radio use, usually in the background. Poynt being a GPS program uses a radio, you installed it/used it and all of a sudden the battery sux, so there you go. I've said many times that when you update the OS you probably will turn off all the radios and set them to ground one. One person solved her battery disaster just doing a battery pull. I know I won't convince some people of this, but the OS by itself doesn't drain your battery, it's the radios and the screen lighting up. I have the original OS and used mine Fri/Sat/Sun with some GPS/BT/the usual stuff I use and it was 15% at 10pm last night. I make sure stuff is shut off though. Once my 8100 battery wasn't lasting long. I found a Ryder Cup plugin RSS feed was trying to update after the tournament was over. A beta GPS program may be tough to control. A lot of people swear the OS is the difference but that doesn't make any sense logically. I've yet to find someone who didn't use any apps, just updated the OS after a week of use and that alone made a difference between horrible and good battery.

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 03-09-2009 at 06:48 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote