View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

So far .174 really seems to have made a huge difference. Trying to incorporate a bit of scientific reasoning, though, it's not clear that .174 itself is the cause of my improved battery life since loading .174 -- three possibilities:
- .174 itself is the reason for better battery life
- my more conservative OS load this time, removing AIM, Yahoo, etc (have BeeJiveIM)
- maybe just the action of loading a new OS...?

Anyway - battery life seems great so far, although it's a bit premature to be confident of this. But here's what I'm seeing:

- off the charger 6:15am today -- 100% battery
- 45 mins driving, using bluetooth headset, making a couple of calls
- in 5 hours of use, I've made/received several phone calls @ about 10 mins each
- BBWeather updating every 30 mins
- sent myself 4 large emails from the pc, each with 22 to 25 high res wallpapers
- opened the emails, opened the images (close to 100), downloaded and stored on mem card
- some minor web browsing
- a handful of SMS msgs

No idea if it's relevant, but in case anyone's curious, I have an 8GB memory card in the 8900. Stock Precision T-Mobile theme, but an alternate image for the home screen.

Most of this activity was via UMA (not the part when I was driving!)

Most of this time, the 8900 has been sitting, naked, on my desk (what an image!). When I'm not using it, I simply put it in standby mode. Only use the case when I get up and walk around.

After 5 hours of use like this, with .174, I'm at 90% battery.
Offline   Reply With Quote