View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Emerency Alert Test - 57 Times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausearch View Post
On Monday, 11/19 I upgraded from a BB 9700 to a BB 9900. On 11/20 I stated receiving "Monthly Test Alerts" - 57 of them over the course of about 6 hours!!!
And that's only after I started counting. They are a horrible squeal from the device, right in the middle of a phone call or anything else one is doing. They come one after the other - I counted 4 in one minute and another 3-5 say 5 minutes later.

I worked my way up the food chain at T-Mobile tech support, and they told me the alerts, were being sent by T-Mobile, they were aware of the problem, but that there was no solution at the time.

No alert tests so far today (Friday after Thanksgiving). I have other issues with the phone (poor battery life for one) so I'm going to take this POS back to T-Mobile ASAP and buy a new BB 9700 on EBay.
Sounds like a Rant to me. So moved.

Before you take it back, is that the only problem you have? How do you know you won't have the same issue with another device on T-Mobile.

Make sure you buy a T-Mobile compatible device if you are shopping for a used one. they use a different frequency that most of the other GSM carriers.

And also read this: Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 11-23-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote