View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #91
johnny_boy_uk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9380
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange UK
Default Re: 10 october 2011 EMEA outages ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_boy_uk View Post
The last 6 hours have been very hit and miss for BES data for my 75 Users in the UK. After things improved from midday in to the afternoon, the evening saw a return to emails taking over an hour to send/receive and Lookups against the GAL failing to complete. Pending messages for the whole BES server that are awaiting delivery to handhelds have also increased significantly by a few hundered since mid-day.

Just to show how hit and miss the service is right now, 10 minutes ago I sent an email to myself from my Blackerry to the Exchange mailbox my Blackberry is activated against and it arrived back on my Blackberry within 1 minute (slow but acceptable). I repeated the test 5 minutes later and have now been waiting for 10 minutes for it to arrive...somewhere...anywhere! It hasn't even arrived in my Exchange mailbox never mind get deliverd back on the Blackberry even though the handheld shows it as ticked (sent) - it will probably show as failed to send (red X) later on. << UPDATE: It turned to a red X 5 mins later>>

I wish RIM would give specific service status information for both BES and BIS as there is so much gossip and rumour going around about what is and isn't affected. The service updates at BlackBerry Service Update make no distinction between BES and BIS data and yet RIM are trying to convince the media and the press that only BIS is affected, that business customers are all fine and happy, but that is clearly not the case. This on-going unfixed outage is destroying the BES service too.

Just thought I'd add that I am now getting exactly the same lengths of delay in the delivery of PIN messages from my BES to my handhelds as I'm getting with both BES and BIS emails (I have a Yahoo email address setup on my handheld through BIS as well as an MS Exchange mailbox through BES). So this is certainly looking like the backlog problem and European throttling action talked about in the Service Update Press Conference here http://www.rim.com/newsroom/service-update.shtml

Johnny
Offline   Reply With Quote