View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #79
stormboy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9350
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default A Few Ideas

Thank you so much for all your hard work creating such a fun GPS app. I've never had a GPS unit before, but all the functions you've included in the GPSLogger are more than enough to keep me entertained.

I just had a few other ideas for the GPSLogger:

1. I really really like the Night Mode. Is there a way that GPSLogger can remember that as an option / preference, so that the next time I open GPSLogger, it goes directly into Night Mode? (Currently, if GPSLogger closes or crashes, I open the app again, and it's back to Day Mode)

2. Whenever I am recording a tracklog, if I press the Escape button (the U-turn arrow) to move back to the Home menu screen, GPSLogger stops tracking. Looks like I'm supposed to press the red End/Power button instead, if I want to go back to the Home menu/screen AND have GPSLogger continue tracking.

Is there any way you can re-program the Escape button so that it doesn't automatically stop tracking when the Escape button is pressed?

3. I'm not sure if there is a demand for this or how hard it might be to implement. If I load a previously-recorded path, can I resume recording on this same path? So new GPS data points would be added to the old path.

I know that you already include the option to Pause Recording and Resume Recording for a current path. I just thought this idea would be another option for someone who either intentionally or accidentally stopped path recording.

4. My other idea is about navigating a previously-recorded path. I know that you already have keys assigned to navigate a path, but I always forget which key does what. Can you add a menu option that shows all the navigation keys and their functions?

Hope these are some ideas that other people will find useful, too. Thanks again for all your hard work on the GPSLogger!
Offline   Reply With Quote