View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
akim366

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Wifi with Opera mini... on my bold 9700 help?

Please Login to Remove!

I am with Rogers unlimited student plan which includes BB social networking package, NOT data. So they told me i would only get internet access via Wifi which works with the BB browser. I tested it outside of my house (that has wifi) and browser says it wont work because theres no wifi.

My question is-
I downloaded Opera mini via computer and loaded it onto my bb through USB/desktop manager because I didnt like the BB browser very much. So I started using Opera mini for a day or two for browsing at home where I have wifi.

Then, out of curiosity I tested it out and i could use internet even when I turned off Wifi on my phone! does that mean i was using rogers network all along and will be charged for data? Because i was told that they have data/internet usage blocked on my phone, which is why i couldnt use blackberry app downloader, or check email except via bb browser

please help!?

I'd like to keep using opera mini but i stopped using it just in case i get charged for internet. Does Opera mini use Wifi over rogers network? Also if i get internet service with wifi disabled via opera that means I will be charged for data? yes or no? please help!
Offline   Reply With Quote