View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #6
Hunter5117
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700G

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

No other device or platform can match the stability and strength of the BlackBerry when it comes to e-mail. Literally no other device. The other PIM functions are another story. If e-mail is the reason you went with a BB, you'll be fine.
I guess that is true if you are on a corporate BES server or can afford to add the cost of a hosted service that will keep all your external accounts managed. However, out of the box right now I am seeing my Treo with basic IMAP4 capability being a better email device. Push email is only one aspect of keeping in touch, the ability to see all my emails on all my devices in a fully syncronized fashion is very important to me.

If I am missing something the please let me know. I have just spent the afternoon messing with a hosting service and am still not seeing the solution I need. Important are two IMAP accounts that I must be able to keep synced between 2 computers and my PDA. I need fully syncing of Inbox, sub-folders, sent items, etc. My main computer applies rules and re-files my email as it comes in. I spend a lot of time away from my office and I often need to refer to an email that I originated on one of my two computers. My PDA needs to give me this access.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Apologies in advance if I am beating an already well-beaten dead horse.