Old 03-08-2009, 03:42 AM   #42
emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
The e-mailing of files works for me, too! I would like to make some suggestions for possible future enhancements to make it even better:
  1. Allow a user to select the sending e-mail account to use as opposed to only the default account -- I currently have nine accounts on my device.
  2. Provide a a better mechanism to find an outgoing e-mail address in the list generated from the Address Book. With 1600+ Address Book entries, there is no easy way to navigate to a name, especially since the list is sorted by last name. Entering a letter on the keyboard moves to the next name where the first letter of the first name matches the letter typed.
I 100% agree with you here - but I hope that you also can understand what I just have said: '...So I was forced to write my "own" email composer (with eMail subject and eMail body) - and YES - there are for sure better & more efficient ways to select the recipients [but I hope you also can understand, that I could not recode the RIM eMail Composer over the weekend]'

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
BTW, what file types were you not able to send using the native RIM Messages application? I don't remember coming across any instances of this with the newer BlackBerry OSs (currently using 4.5.0.135), but it is more than likely that I just haven't hit the right (or wrong) one(s).
It's quite strange... On my Strom I can create (from the scratch) an eMail with any attachment - but when I use the API to create such a MSG I get an error (in the phone simulator) - I thought that there was a general problem with "exotic" attachments like 'ZIP' - since the Storm simulator does not allow me to attach ZIP's... strange since my real physical device can... I'll have to investigate this further... and there might be a way to use the original eMail composer then... thanks for pushing my nose again into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDM View Post
I forgot to mention would it help with the OTA issues if the cod was broken down into three parts (as per JAD contents)? I thought there was some sort of file size limit for otas - I maybe mistaken.
that would be really nice indeed - I suggest, that we are doing this via PM or so... I read as your provider 't-mobile A' -> that's Austria - right? Can make communication a bit easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
Unfortunately it still crashes...

When opening
/store/tmp/medialoader.ml

Uncaught exception: invalid initialvalue
I am really sorry, that this is still not fixed - I hope you believe me when I am saying, that i could open here this file without any problems... I know, that does not help you much - that ml file is (from my understanding) an automatically created file by the MediaPlayer app...

Can you try:
  1. move '/store/tmp/medialoader.ml' to a secure place (e.g. on your SDCard)
  2. start the Media player again
  3. check if a new '/store/tmp/medialoader.ml' was created
  4. if not (or if media player crash), move back the file from the secure place to the right destination
  5. if there is a new '/store/tmp/medialoader.ml' file - could that be opened now?

Last edited by emacf1; 03-08-2009 at 04:02 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote