View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
darolandi

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BB 9780 Wet; White Screen

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone. As you might see, my BB got ruined and I made an account here to ask for help.

What happened:
It was raining heavily. I decided to move my BB from my pocket to my backpack. I was outdoors; the only protection from rain was trees.

After it all ended, I tried turning on BB several times (really bad; I wished I had known sooner). At first it didn't turn on; it's probably still wet.

Many hours later, I hoped it had dried. I turned it on. It worked. Keyboard and trackpad were a bit unresponsive (had to push hard). I could access BBM. I could type BBM. Then it suddenly died into white screen. I panicked. I removed the battery.

Hours later. I turned it on again. It showed only white screen. BB vibrated as if usual. Notification light still blinked red as usual.

Then I removed the battery, phone card, and memory card. I drowned the phone and battery in uncooked rice. Phone card and memory card I stored elsewhere.

------
Now I'm just waiting. Seeing the progress, I think that only the screen is damaged and I should replace it. What do you think?
And what do you think about detecting BB using Application Loader? Should I try?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by darolandi; 07-15-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote