View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
TravelinMike

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Thumbs down Blackberry 9900 and T-Mobile nightmare!

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry to be a killjoy here, but i returned my Blackberry 9900, for a full refund of my $600.00, after spending six hours with both T-Mobile Blackberry support and Research In Motion tech support. This device and its 7.0 software are definitely not ready for prime-time. Maybe at some point in the future they will be, but not at this point. I returned the 9900 for a refund because:

-There is no "Wi-Fi Calling" (UMA/GAN functionality), and neither T-Mobile nor Research in Motion can make any firm commitment on if and/or when the functionality might become available on the 9900.

-17 of my most important Apps are not available for the 9900, including Research in Motion's own Blackberry Protect, Pandora, CNN, Delta, British Airways, Shazam, etc. Neither T-Mobile nor Research in Motion had any idea if and/or when these popular Apps might become available for the 9900.

-Despite the fact that T-Mobile sells the Blackberry 9900 in their stores, they do not make the software available on their site. When the software becomes corrupt with Java errors as it did in my case, there is no way to reload the Blackberry software. Research in Motion will not offer replacement software if the carrier does not make it available to their customers. T-Mobile does not yet offer it on their site. What that means is that T-Mobile customers who have corrupt software on their 9900 are simply out of luck!

After more than six hours of working with both companies, we simply gave up. I returned the 9900 for a full refund. For the first time I am looking at Androids and iPhones....
Offline   Reply With Quote