Old 06-06-2007, 10:53 PM   #1
collective11

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default 8830: can't open attachments

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone,

I am a 7-year BB user, going back to the 950 days (950, 957, 7510, 7520, 8700, 8703e, 8830). I just bought the 8830 last week, and am pretty pleased with it so far - some getting used to with various things, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

One thing I am having trouble with is attachments. I havent been able to open, or even have the option to open, any attachments. I have tried PDF, XLS, RTF, DOC and JPEGs. None of these prompt the "Open Attachment" option to show up, as they have in past models.

I have downloaded the DocHawk PDF and Graphical Attachment app, and have gotten this to work, but I'd rather be able to open files with the software that has been built into the handheld in past models (and do it for free).

I have BB unlimited data, calling plan and tethering plans with my service... have been able to tether via bluetooth, surf the web and do everything else I should be able to, except this. It is a big part of my business to open attachments, and not having the ability to do so as I have in the last is cramping my enjoyment of this device.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Chris
Offline   Reply With Quote