View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default BES crashes during 8100 OTA activation

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys. I'm trying to re-activate an 8100 on our BES. User complained of intermittent issues with email sync between Notes client with respect to marking read and filing. My initial thought was to bring the hand held current with the OS release. So a backup was taken, then the OS was upgraded.

After initial attempt to re-activate yesterday, the hand held hung during activation and the BES showed an odd error. At that point I canceled the activation from the hand held re-booted the BES until this morning when I can look at it more. It didn't seem to matter if I restored the user's backup file before the activation attempt. The result was still a failed activation when I didn't restore the data first.

Stats:
BES is at 4.0.3.5 (yes I realize we're behind but that's changing soon)
Hand held; ATT 8100 @ OS 4.2.1.109

Actions taken;
Wipe hand held save for two 3rd party apps; Beyond411 & Zagat to go.
Delete user from BES
Re-create user on BES
Change memo sync to false (seems to hang activation at this BES release)
Perform OTA activation from 8100

Results;
Hand held hangs at 93% during activation, with "Email filters" & "Email Settings" remaining on "initializing."

BES errors out with "e:\lotus\domino\nBES.exe... has terminated abnormally"

BES discontinues forwarding mail for everyone at this point, and a re-boot is necessary to restore message delivery.

I've got a tech support contract but I thought I'd see if I can get a quick road map here first.

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote