View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
FuzzMonkey

Model: 7100I
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint/nextel
Default multiple devices/users to a single exchange mailbox

Please Login to Remove!

I have searched the site and dont appear to be finding what I am looking for. I hope I am posting this in the right section....if not please let me know.
I am new to blackberry and i have recently installed BES Version 4.1.4.15. We are an M$ Exchange 2003 environment and our users use Blackberry 7100i phones.
At this point i have set up a couple of "normal users" and they sync thier blackberry devices to the exchange server with no issues to report so I think everything is weorking well
Here is my issue/problem/question:
I have serveral users that do not need access to their personal exchange mailboxes but do need access to a single "monitoring" mailbox. This mailbox is a "alert" or helpdesk mailbox used by our ticket tracking software. Each of these users has access to the "helpdesk" mailbox and all can view/modify it within thier outlook. Also, I have been cheating by copying mail to this helpdesk account then forwarding it to an external imap account that each user has set their blackberrys up to sync with. it has been working fine but we want them to all use the BES now and not the external acct as there is a delay.
How can I set multiple devices to sync to a single mailbox? i have tried and the first device works great...but then each additional device syncs and "takes over" the mailbox association and then the first device no longer has the email sync functionality. Also, I noticed that the ringer options and settings fromt he first syncd device wrote to the second device...yikes
I cant imaging that we are the only people that want multiple users to sync with a single mailbox.....
i apologize if i have not been clear.....please ask if you need any additional information or clarification.
Thanks in advance for your time, advice and support....it is appreciated.
Offline   Reply With Quote