Old 05-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #26
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
I'm not referring to the OS and function - I know there are some great new things happening on the 9000. I just don't understand why anyone would think it's design is anything fantastic. For starters, the plastic band around it makes it look like an iPhone (is RIM showing some iPhone envy?). The phone, menu, esc and end keys look way too big and with those small symbols on those big keys, it reminds me of old crappy american car interiors where stuff looks like it's just there because they couldn't find any other place to put it. Huge pieces of plastic with stupid little symbols. Finally, what's with those lines between rows of keys? This device looks like RIM was trying to go retro, but got it all wrong.
Quote:
That's too bad then, because the guts are the only good part.
Quote:
It's fugly, retro just for retro's sake, and my 8830 is a much sleeker and better looking design.
Quote:
I agree for the most part, however history tells us that certain things are just generally regarded as ugly.
Quote:
To each his own. I think it's ugly. OS looks cool with good new features, but I still say the device itself is fugly. Too big, crappy styling.
Quote:
Never said it wouldn't feel good. Just saying I think, from the pictures and video, that it's fugly. You think whatever you want.
Umm, I think we all understand your opinion by this point. We don't all agree with it, but you can say it 47 more times in this thread and we still won't. So - we get it already, you think its "fugly." Gotcha.
Offline   Reply With Quote