View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 05:59 AM   #6
tray

Model: Passp
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BSNL
Default Re: Unable to install BB Link in Windows 7

After cleaning out residual RIM folders from C-drive, I re-installed the 1.1 version of Link (file name 110_b038_multilanguage.exe) that is offered for download on the Blackberry web site, and was then able to update to a newer version. There was no roll-back at the end of the process.

But there was a problem with the desktop shortcut. I tried to fix it, and then restart the computer following instructions from the Windows software. After rebooting, I found the programme had vanished in 'All Programs' - its folder was still there in the list, but it was empty.

I opened Revo Uninstaller. An entry was still there for Link, but with 0 mb size. I did an uninstall nevertheless. Many entries were deleted. Went back to C>Progam Files and C>Program Files>Common Files to double check. Sure enough, RIM folders were still there. Was able to delete the one directly under Program Files, but not the one under Program Files>Common Files. Even after killing two BB processes in Task Manager (PeerManager.exe and another one ... can't recall the name) the folder refuses to get deleted - apparently something in it is being used somewhere. Therefore, I haven't tried installing Link again. Will try to delete this folder first.

I had trouble deleting this folder last time as well, but managed somehow. This time it seems pretty intractable.
Offline   Reply With Quote