View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #8
tprime
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowhynot View Post
I have been unable to get data coverage at my office since last Wednesday (4/30). I get only GSM coverage. However, when I leave my office and go outside the radius of the cell tower covering my office I get EDGE and I'm fine. So...it's not my phone, it's the network

TMo filed a trouble ticket (after multiple hours on the phone) on 4/30. 5/1 - still no data service and no call from TMo. So, I call back. After multiple hoops I'm put in touch with an alleged Tier 3 support. He tells me that, yes, it appears to be a problem with the tower and it will take between 48 hours and 5 days to fix.

Today is day 5. It's still not fixed.

Called back to TMo and even though I have the name of the person with whom I last spoke, they refuse to put me in touch with that person (who told me to call if I was still having problems). I'm now told it can be 14 days to fix.

I'm not happy and I'm most unhappy with the multiple answers I'm getting and the refusal to allow me to speak with a technician.

I tried the "I'm really close to closing my account" line and the person told me he could transfer me to that department to close my phone. Nice.

Anyone have any magic formula on how to get in touch with someone who can at least give me a reasonable ETA?
Chances are the first rep incorrectly told you 5 days to fix to problem.
Sometimes the reps may sound sincere but unfortunately they may not know what they are talking about. Even if they connected you to that rep he's in some call site nowhere near the problem. I've had issues before and if they have to send people in the field to correct the issue meaning they cant do it from an offfice someplace it may take some time.
I recommend patience. Switching carriers will only be a temporary fix. That is until your new carrier experiences tower/network issues and you have to wait for them to troubleshoot and repair it.

Even threathening to close your account is not a big deal to them. They are not going to dash over to your local tower to keep you under contract. Sometimes you just have to wait.

Last edited by tprime; 05-05-2008 at 08:13 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote