View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 12:53 AM   #1
llewellen

Model: Leap
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default Newbie Email Synch Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I did some searching couldn't find answers. I'm a newbie to smartphones and a newbie to BB. I have a BB Leap on the Telus network. I'm having trouble getting email synched the way I want it.

For email, I use the webmail service provided by my ISP (Shaw - Canada). I have 4 email accounts, all now set up on my phone with user name and password. Questions/problems:

1. In settings, I can control some of my email folders that I want or don't want to synch but not all of them. Some are sort of greyed out and I can't toggle them on or off. I want only my Inbox synched and I can't do that. The phone is synching folders that I can't toggle off (like Sent, Trash, etc).

2. I want notifications pushed to me as soon as new mail shows up on Shaw Webmail but I don't want the entire message downloaded to my phone - just the header and/or sender and then I want to decide whether to download the entire message. One of my concerns here is unnecessary clutter in Hub but also I don't want to get clobbered with data charges that are wasted.

Any help/suggestions gratefully received. BTW so far, other than this issue, I'm loving the phone.
Offline   Reply With Quote