View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #8
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. You call to see if they have the phone in stock and the response is usually, "Do you have service with us?" or "Is this for a new line?". Your answer determines whether or not the phone is "in stock".

I bought mine full price from a corp. store. Like the others said, you just have to call around and find a store that will sell one to you. I find, at least in my area, that when I find a store, I make sure and tell them on the phone that I'm in contract and want to pay full price. One time I called a bunch of stores an finally the phone I was looking for at the time. They put it on hold for me and when I got there, the guy said his manager wouldn't let him sell it to me. Total waste of my time.

If you have an 8700 now... you can try this. I called a store and told them I cracked my 8700 and needed to get a replacement and then asked if they had the 8800. They did, took pitty on me and sold me the phone full price. I know, it's sad but around these parts I find it difficult to get these stores to work with me! ha ha