Thread: BES in VMware
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #27
Sackar

Model: 7100T
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc_metal
Except that you can run more than 1 server VM on a ESX/GSX host (or Microsoft Virtual Server)...the idea that you can allocate and limit resources to the server OS is great. Not to mention DR and availability, especially when getting into clustering.

VMWare 3.0 infrastructure allows pooling of completely separate hardware resources...but this is getting off topic.

I think I would have no problem running BES inside a VM. If you have 1000 users, you should be using SQL, which really I wouldn't recommend in a VM environment. So, use BES with a remote SQL connection...IMHO

Rob
Hi Rob,

I'm currently working on a Virtualization Project and as such interested in the conversation especially because one of our cudtomers has a Blackberry (BES v 4.0.5) which they would like to virtualize in VMware ESX Server v 3.0

The BIG Q is: Does this combination work ....uh without any (major) issues or is this a waste of time? I cannot imagine that RIM do not have any clear FAQ section...or maybe they do but have managed to hide it from me...HA HA HA

In any case I'd really appreciate any tips &/or feedbacks from any users who have (had) experiences with this combination.

Please do get back to me albeit to clarify either way?