View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
new_southie

Model: 8700c
Exclamation URGENT-Cingular must fix. No connection, no 911

Please Login to Remove!

In southern New Jersey (near PHL), tried to get flight arrival on Walt Whitman Bridge "no service" on 12/24 and 12/26. Ditto elsewhere in northeast corridor [Very] annoying but survivable

Worse, on 12/24 nearly hit car broken down in right lane. Called 911->no connection; called 911->no connection (twice), dialed "O" and was disconnected in transfer to 911, dialed "O" again, got through with nosiy connection. Overall, took 2 minutes. This is serious stuff and needs to be addressed now. Scary

No wonder Cingular has the lowest dropped calls, they just don't connect. North of boston, I get so many "call failed" notices that I warn people that I will lose them or will have limited service. Sometimes it happens in Boston.

I realize that Verizon had all the territory rights and now they don't share, but someone needs to get the carriers to play better together - at least on 911

I'm ex-ATT and need national coverage, but along the Verizon corridor in the east, it's ridiculous. Don't even try portions of AMTRAK's routes along the Atlantic. I've paid $5 to borrow a Verizon pohone just to make an important call.