View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
d_wilson4

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Blackberry Handheld Security Policies

Please Login to Remove!

Good Day All,

I would like to get some opinions on Security Policies. Our agency had not been running any handheld security policies on our blackberries for several years and have now (about 3 months ago) implented a policy of no thrid party applications. Over the last month the complaints have become overwhelming for my boss who as now tasked me to come up with a plan of attack on allowing certain applications or allowing all apps for some users and everyone else gets nothing. My main question is what software out there would you concider a definate security issue or no go on installing to your users blackberry?

A second question would be; did I miss something setting up a policy to allow Google Maps to work? I have a default policy that blockes everything and then a second policy that specificly allowed Google Maps. I had assumed after reading the BES Policy Reference Guide that this would only allow people to download it if they wanted it. Instead it installed the software to everyone of my test devices. Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Drew Wilson