Old 07-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
lemmy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Verizon BB with gmail issues

Please Login to Remove!

Like many others I am having issues with gmail on my Curve. First of all I am not on BES and I do not have a blackberry email address. I initially set up my mail account by default. And then to keep the messages sent from the BB from coming back in the inbox, I logged on to BIS website and put a filter in to filter out messages from "myname@gmail.com". Everything worked great and messages arrived instantly. I then wanted messages that I read on the BB to show up read in gmail. So I changed to use IMAP. This worked great except for one thing. For some reason, if I sent a message from the BB, there was no record of that message anywhere in gmail. I looked in "Sent Mail" and did a search. It was nowhere. Is there anyway around this? I finally went back to my initial setup. Is there some setting I can use to make the sent message get retained with gmail?

Then later I downloaded the gmail mobil app and I loved it or browsing through my messages, but of course the emails don't arrive as quickly. So I thought I would use the standard email on the BB for reading emails as the arrive and the mobile gmail for searching, looking at other labels, etc. However for some reason when I installed the mobile gmail the regular email stopped working and no emails would come through. I know I have read of people using the regular email and the gmaill app before. What am I doing wrong? Maybe I should create a blackberry email and then forward gmail to it, then I would be able to use the mobile gmail?
Offline   Reply With Quote