View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 12:14 AM   #1
brain
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Class
Carrier: Verizon
Default Voice note without Remember

Please Login to Remove!

I just moved from an older Blackberry Curve to the BB Classic, for one reason: I needed the WiFi hotspot capabilities. However, I now find myself rather mystified as to how to get to the things I need every day.

One of the main ones is that I often need to make a voice note--while driving (to avoid having to write down things via the screen or on a post-it note). This was not a problem with the Curve, since I had it on the main screen, and it was a simple roll-click, then record. Eyes off the road for maybe 1 second.

But now, it seems, I have to unlock the screen (U-Enter), press the button, roll to the right, then up to the icons, then right to Remember, press the button, then down to the bottom, over to Voice Note, then press the button, then press the button to Record, then press the button to finish, then press the Back button to exit, press the button to save, then press the button to Save the note associated with the voice note.

Or something like that. I understand it may seem clever to make devices that have a lot more capabilities than I may ever use, but this is all downright unsafe, and it seems rather like a backwards step for me to have to buy a dedicated voice record because my phone has so many steps that it is blatantly unsafe to even do such a simple thing as record a voice note.

Then, my old method of using a simple batch file to move all my voice notes from the BB onto a folder on my desktop where they are easy to see, in my face enough to not be missed or forgotten, and easy to listen to, transcribe, & then delete--leaves phantom references to no-longer-existing voice notes associated with notes on the BB, and I seem to have to delete all the blank notes one-by-one from the BB.

Now, why do I have to associate a voice note with a note for which I have no use? And why so many steps to get to what used to be a button press or two.

I am sure somebody can tell me how to get this all working through voice commands and without associating the voice notes with notes I will never use. I am just too busy working to take the time to figure it out from scratch.

So--thanks in advance.

Last edited by brain; 05-20-2015 at 12:21 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote