jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: I made the switch- Torch to Captivate: REAL Pros and Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird57 View Post
I was waiting for you to update....when this thread started,the BB was toast..you had a new love! .....could you articulate your experience?
Basically I needed a real keyboard
It wasn't convenient enough to answer or write emails anymore.
I was able to get it to sync with my email clients but it didnt do it well enough.
Trying to navigate throughout the phone was a nightmare (to me at least).
I wasn't able to use the device to take notes at church or at school as it was too hard to type and access ALL of the keys on a keyboard.
There was no really working voice dialing option that worked well.
The phone was wayyy to big (compared to the 9700; I think the 9800 is still too heavy and big imo)
Ring tones were too quite, I never felt it vibrate when it was in my pocket.
The contacts got all messed up syncing with Facebook, GMail, my simcard contacts.

I'm sure alot of my problems with the Captivate were user error and lack of information and lack of motivation to research it however just after using the 9700 for the past 4 hours, I've done things today that I wouldnt have normally done that NEEDED to be done.

Bottom line- the BB does what a phone is supposed to do (for me at least). I dont need to be entertained during my downtime which isn't often anyhow. If you need a bells and whistles phone that is unreliable and requires you to spend wayyy to much time modifying it and still doesn't work and still needs kernel updates, rom reflashes, back ups, etc then I an Android is for you.

I'm going to try out the 9700 for a month before I sell off the Captivate just to be sure but I'm pretty sold (I know Ive said this before) on BB. It is what it is

Cheers
Offline   Reply With Quote