View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #30
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

netPOSER, for ease of searching, go to the actual search form (click here) and mark the option to "Show results as: Posts" instead of the defaulted Threads. From a technological point of view, the search function that is included with vBulletin is as thorough as one can be. It cannot display relevence, but I think such results are overrated anyhow (as they are quite easy to manipulate, either with money or smart meta tags), not to mention unnecessary on such a small database. I've explained how the search function works in relation to what is stored in the database to someone who also slammed the search function with vBulletin, already (you can search for that answer, as well). Trust me, I know more about vBulletin than just about anyone else on this forum (although bfrye is certainly learning his fair share).

As for the answer to the person who posted this, and to reiterate what NJBB stated, why would someone fix a theme for one phone when it was designed for another. His comments weren't sarcastic unless you lack obvious common sense. I believe when you start trying to 'hack' products, they usually become unsupported. Themes, currently, are unsupported by RIM unless they are the default themes that come with the handheld. In the case of the Vodafone theme and its early calculator issues before OS 4.0 was released for the 7100v, it was a supported fix from Vodafone (but not supported for the other model 7100 handhelds) because it was the same damn general model of handheld.

Hope that helps. Have a nice day.