Old 07-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #40
torberry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
Carrier: Pigeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
ATTENTION! Read all about it!

New CONFIRMED launch date for the BlackBerry Bold 9000 from Rogers. Today I was talking with my contact, who works at Rogers Head Quarters in Toronto, and we had a nice discussion about the release of the device and why it hasn’t been released yet and to whom it will be released first. At first the rumor was a launch date for June 25th (via internal RIM document), but the device was apparently pushed back by Rogers as there were issues with the 3G radio. My contact (who will remain a secret) confirmed the use of the device by numerous people around the office. He also confirmed that Rogers will be the first to launch the device in all of North America! He later was able to tell me that the device is slated to be launched July 25th. That’s right people, confirmation from an internal source at Rogers that it will be available to all on July 25, 2008! Way before AT&Ts rumored launch time frame of August.

I was also able to confirm that all of Rogers BlackBerry devices with WiFi will not be crippled as previously rumored. You will be able to browse the internet using the WiFi. But only the 8120 and 8820 will be enabled for UMA.

When I found out this information, I then contact my other numerous contacts within Rogers and they all confirmed the July 25th launch. So start saving, and get ready for the biggest device to date! And don’t forget to mark your calendars! I know I already have!
Hey Cory, weren't you the guy who said that the BOLD was coming out on Rogers on June 25th?
Offline   Reply With Quote