Old 05-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #13
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPTOP GAMER View Post
I wonder if you have to pay to use the map function, and secondly is I pretty much have to stay with Verizon as it is tied into my Tahoe's Onstar hands free calling and I need that being California has the hands free law. I was looking at an i pod touch, but now the new offering from Blackberry has my interest again as I want MP3's and Wifi capabilities. I am not a buisness user and this may be more device than I need, but it just looks so cool, and a faster processor doesnt hurt.I laugh when they say the i phone and the Blackberry arn't competing, they are!
You have to pay AT&T to use AT&T Navigator, much like Verizon makes you pay for THEIR map service. The difference is that AT&T doesn't lock their GPS so you can use whatever you want for GPS. Lots of people don't pay for Navigator and just use Google Maps or MS Live search, which works perfectly to get GPS searches. On Verizon though, you HAVE TO pay them because its locked ... only their software is usable with the GPS so other programs just won't work. It also makes you limited on your choice of that type of software if its a VZW phone.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Offline   Reply With Quote