View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #16
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jletendre View Post
Shouldn't this topic be reversed? The competition vs. Blackberry?

Apple fanboys fail to see the reason Blackberry has such adoption rate is due to the BES that controls everything. Mobility is an extension of the enterprise and BES allows me (having to control 2,000+ devices) the means to ensure security and policy is extend and across the mobile space. ** nothing ** comes close to what the BES can provide and ease to control.
I hear a lot of how great BES is. My question is how many BB user actually use BES and how many simply use BIS.

You also have to remember that wide spread smart phone use is just starting to come into its own with many models to chose from. When BB came out there weren't as many choices, so it won be default. As more and more advanced smartphones come out, BB is beginning to look a little long in the tooth. Their early advantages are not what they once were. Some will say BB users are increasing in leaps and bounds. I say again that this is due to an over all increase in smartphone usage and not necessary due to BB technology. So fan boys aside, the iphone has seen impressive numbers considering how long it has been on the market.
Offline   Reply With Quote