View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 01:38 AM   #96
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have all three.

All got their plus and minuses

InvisibleShield is great. I do notice a difference between this and the Best Skin ever. The invisible shield has a lifetime warranty, which actually works. Its slightly thinner than the best skin ever, but from some reason, its tougher! It's actually a lot harder to put on VS the best skin ever. Downside is the expensive price, and how long these guys take to send the darn thing out! Seriously, two weeks. The lifetime replacement does work, but you have to pay for shipping a replacement to you ($2.50 I think), along with paying to mail back your "bad" one (just shove it in an envelope with some stamps. This screen protector covers the whole complete screen bezel piece, which I like.

As for the best skin ever, its a very good price, everytime I've bought it, its been superfast. I don't not find it as tough as the invisible shield. It's also turns yellow alot easier, and stretches easily. If you ever pull it off, its pretty tough to keep it the same size. I've been sucessful pulling off invisibleshields and not having it stretch. I find this easiest to install for some reason. I don't mind the "wet" install, this one gives you plenty of time to adjust it while its still wet. For some reason, the invisibleshield gets super sticky right away no matter what you use or how wet you get it. You basically got to lay it correct the first time. Best skins ever installs a lot cleaner. This screen protector doesn't cover your whole screen bezel piece. It actually doesn't cover the area next to the end and send keys (which is a small area) but covers past the screen bezel and onto the top of the front faceplate, which I find weird.

Screen patronous, comes in a pack of three which is good. It's about $8 to ship to you, which, well depending on how you look at it. These are different. They are very fingerprint resistant! The other ones, because of the material attracts so much fingerprints, i'm constantly cleaning, screen patronus on the other hand, none really. The material is different, its basically a stiff piece of plastic and its so clear. This is truely, clear, like its not there. The material sticks on using static, theres no water need. I find this harder to install. Because of the static cling, if you get a piece of dust stuck under it, it is very very bothersome! I've bought these twice (2 packs of 3). I've basically destroyed all of them. I always ruin the first two when installing, then finally get it on good. Overtime, it will fall off or one of the corners lift up and dust or debris gets under it. I dunno how to explain it. The inside of the scree protector is some sort of sticky material, if you ever touch it, its impossible you get your fingerprint off, you basically ruined it. Also if dust or debris is under the screen after you install it, and try to push it out with the air bubbles, you end up scratching the inside of the screen protector, ruining it. Screen patronous website also states that you should replace it every 2-3 months. The guys are super fast at shipping as well. Because of the nature of this material, the screen can only cover completely flat surfaces, since the curve does have a curver on the top of the screen bezel. This screen protector basically covers just the viewable screen part.

I've bought the best skins ever once for my curve (i've bought it before for other phones). I've bought the invisible shields once and screen patronus twice. I'm still sticking with the invisible shield, only its because I like the way the way it covers the screen (the whole sceen bezel) and its tough as hell. I'll never have to worry about it, unless I replace my blackberry again. Honestly if you can get over the wait time, its green, the lifetime replacement is great. Thats the reason I bought the screen patronus, as a backup. It was on my phone while I was waiting for the invisible shield. I actually kept it on even longer until it came off. I do love the way it feels, its more "pleasant" to touch compared to the others.

Last edited by BallHawk3; 03-28-2008 at 01:43 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote