View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 12:14 AM   #19
deej
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

I had the Palm M130 for about a year and a half, then about a year and a half ago I ordered a Dell Axim X30, it was great with syncing with outlook, and was alot better unit, with wireless and blue tooth (although I never used the blue tooth) Anyway about 3 weeks ago the University that I work for bought me a 7250 Blackberry through Verizon Wireless, and I am hooked up through a Blackberry Enterprise Server at the University. My 4 IT guys keep me with all of the latest and greatest software and support, so for me to even think about the palm, which sits behind the dell which sits behind the Blackberry on my desk at home, would be a huge step backwards. I absolutely love this thing. I can get my home e-mails as well as my work e-mails sent to this thing, and now instead of carrying a pager, phone and a PDA around I now have one device. When I add an appointment or a task or really anything in outlook, it instantly sincronizes with the Blackberry. No more plugging it in or forgetting and later realizing that you went home for the weekend and didn't sync. As far as the wait for the Blackberry I ordered it on a tuesday, and it was on my desk on Thursday morning, (through Verizon) Oh I will recomend two programs to any and all, one free and one not free. The free program called berry 411 is awesome. It has search capabilities that are better than any on the net. you can put in any town and any business or person and it will find them, and not only that, but it gives you instant links for phone numbers, maps and driving directions. Awesome!! The second program that I would recomend to everyone is Pocket day professional. It links all of your e-mail, phone messages calendar, task, plus weather and a whole lot more on one page. No more switching back and forth trying to find all of that information, Yippie!! sorry I get carried away sometimes. Happy users are the Blackberry's greatest advertisers.

deej