View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
rcrivera03
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7520
Thumbs up

I currently have a Palm m130 and a regular old cellphone (Kyocera w/Cellular One). I want to merge the phone/PDA thing and am exploring Blackberry, as well as Treo smartphones, etc.

I had a Pal, gave it up for a BB, have not looked back since, mainly because I now carry only one device

I currently sync my Palm with Outlook on my PC at work and Palm Desktop on my iMac at home. I need to continue to do that, although I could use a different program on the Mac (Entourage, maybe? iCal?). I'm also looking at upgrading the iMac to a iBook or Powerbook at some point.

I sync My MS Outlook, Calendar, Memo and address book from my pc. For iMac, I'm not sure if there is way.

Any advice? Why should I consider Blackberry over Palm? Can I keep my current cellphone number and provider if I switch to Blackberry? Will the Blackberry sync across both the PC and Mac platforms? Does Blackberry offer programs such as Pocket Quicken, Splash Shopper and Word via Documents to Go?

Who's your current carrier? You should be able to keep your current number. When I changed from a regular phone to a BB I kept my number. My wife has a 7520 and she uses a program called eOffice to via MS Office documents including Power Point. And there are programs, I believe like Quicken, not the same, but like it.

I hope this helps you some what. Tell us who your carrier is and others may be able to help.