View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #15
mhreljac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for that link. I was planning on including most of that functionality, but that's a very rich implementation of PGP.

That was released earlier this year by PGP Corp/RIM, but it requires your BB to be on a BES in order for it to work (as well, it's currently priced at $220/seat). My implementation is going to be a standalone application using J2ME libraries so that any BB user can install it. I won't claim I will be as functionally rich in the first go of it, but I will say that it will have a public keystore, private keystore, be synchronizable (so you can back them up) and be able to send and receive encrypted emails. For me, that's the basis of what I need on my BB, and I believe others do as well. (I will have other things, such as i18n, etc., but I won't know until I fully design it -- up until now I've been writing the J2ME version of the crypto library, and now that it's working, I'm moving onto the application. My thoughts were always that if I couldn't get the crypto to work on the J2ME platform that designing the application and doing anything for it would be wasted effort. )

M
Offline   Reply With Quote