View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 10:00 AM   #59
TheWastedYears
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Good stuff. I still prefer to make my own, b/c I'm so particular about the cropping/resizing of the images, but this is an excellent resource for people who don't want to be bothered w/ the effort on their end. Major props for putting all of this together for free!

I might be the minority on this, but I like the ad. It's not easy/cheap putting all that together, and I'd like to see you make a few bucks. Too many sites have started out free, and then have terrorized users w/ "advertising overkill" later to recoup losses.

My only advice would be to beware of legal issues. Adult content in an open area can get you (and your users) in hot water. A lot of hosts don't allow adult material at all. I would contact them and get an official word on it, just to be safe. I also see quite a few professional images. As long as they're not stamped or watermarked w/ a "copyright" then you should be ok (although it might be worth noting that all images have an implied and inherent copyright, be they stamped or not,) as they fall under the "fair use" category.

Nextel 7520 | BES 4.0 | HS810 Headset
PIN: 400809E0

"a One that isn't cold is scarcely a One at all"