View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #18
pwyllie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@12mile
What good will this site be when all the knowledgable people leave because they are sick of answering the same simple questions over and over again. People want everything for nothing these days, and nobody seems to be willing to spend the 5... 10... 15 minutes to find their answer. I bet 9 out of 10 questions asked by people with less than 10 posts on here have already been answered, and that by spending a few minutes of their precious time trying to learn about their new toy is cutting into whatever life they have.

I have said this before and I will say it again... If it's that important that you need an answer right away, and that it's more important than trying to learn a little bit PAY FOR SUPPORT!

I call it a toy here, because any serious business user will have some type of support behind them. It may be their wireless dealer, it may be an IT person, who knows.

Everyone wants something for nothing, and people expect something for nothing. The way I see it, 99% of the newbie questions are already answered on here, and of people are scared away because they are too lazy to figure something out themselves, so be it.

What's the point of having 10,000 users when 9,950 of them are leech's who want answers for free for everything right away and the other 50 people are the ones who take the time to learn it.

I think that it should be enough that someone already pays for this webspace and server, and that people spend a lot of time to make sure that the information here is current and correct. Does nobody else value this?

Enough of this rant.

cd.

I am writing this as someone who does not have a lot of post and I completely agree with benheckman. There is no reason for attitude when there is a post which may have been already covered. Just dont reply to the post. I use this forum to learn things that I don't know by reading other peoples problem, I have asked very few questions and didn't really get any useful responses (which is fine, no problem I did find out all the answer on my own). Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't posting a question a form of searching for the answer (pretty efficient way if you ask me). Either way I really enjoy reading the discussions and have learned a number of things from this site. I will continue to use this forum (hoping I don't ask a stupid question and get a response like maddox.xmission.com would give).

Thanks for the time and sorry if I offended anyone.