View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
DavidE
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

(1) Which brand of keyboard do you have?
Like an idiot, I bought both (first the Freedom Input keyboard, then the MyMobileGear keyboard). I'm working on a big writing project and was hoping to use my 7290 for some of the writing.

(2) When you type fast, does it lag severely?
Both keyboards lag. Not only do they lag, they also miss key presses sometimes.

(3) When you hit cursor left and right, does it move the cursor left and right while editing an email message?
I only use the keyboards with the MemoPad application. With the Freedom Input keyboard, I have to use the alt-gr key along with the cursor keys to move the cursor left and right. I tried to adapt myself to this idiosyncratic mapping of the keys, but found it too frustrating. With the MyMobileGear keyboard, the left and right cursor keys function as you would expect.

I didn’t like having to buy a second keyboard, but I figured I could use the better MyMobileGear drivers with both keyboards. Apparently the keyboards are designed to work only with their respective drivers. I can't get the Freedom Input keyboard to recognize the MyMobileGear drivers.

To sum up, the MyMobileGear keyboard is barely useable because of the lag. The Freedom Input keyboard isn't useable because of the lag and poor mapping of the cursor keys.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com