Old 10-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #25
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Carrier: AT&T
Lightbulb 2WIRE router

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAVY View Post
My 8320 should be arriving this week *fingers crossed* and I want to know if anyone on here has a 2wire dsl modem/router from AT&T and it if works with UMA? How do I dive in and look at all the available settings for this thing anyways? I know about http://home, but is there another way?

It's a 2wire 2701HG-B.
I have a 2WIRE router. It works GREAT with UMA while browsing the internet, OTA, etc. But it doesn't work well on calls (hence this dropped/failed calls thread!). Just enter your WEP key during wi-fi set up and create a name for the connection. There really are no options to configure the settings, such as QoS, etc.

Today I tried to switch the channel to something other than the default of 6 but then NOTHING worked and I ended up messing with all the computers in the house so I changed it back to the default and have just decided to set my left convenience key to "MANAGE CONNECTIONS" and turn off wi-fi and only use EDGE for calls (since I never have dropped calls on T-Mo's EDGE) until I need to go on the internet or download something OTA since I don't use H@H anyway. If I ever decide to go on H@H, I would get a T-Mo router, but maybe I would test the connections at a T-Mo hotspot first, just to make sure it isn't just my Curve that is acting up.

To access your 2WIRE settings, look for the big red 2 icon somewhere on your computer's toolbar/desktop and click on it. You should be able to access the 2WIRE homepage if your default AT&T browser is active. If you aren't using your default browser, then you'll have to call your dsl company and request it. (If you have the patience, you can ask the rep to transfer you to a tech to go through the settings with you.) Then you would enter the address as follows: http://XXX.XXX.X.XXX

Make sure to keep the number for future reference or bookmark the page on your browser.