View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:54 AM   #17
dapope
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
BBSmart Email Viewer works with the 8320. There are a few of our users with this device. And I know as well that IM+ works with the 8320 also. I've got a test 8320 sitting right here running both BBSmart and IM+.

I'm guessing the most likely problem is your Desktop Manager install is busted. Let me guess, you are getting the "No additional applications designed for your device were found" when you try and install any of the applications using your DM? It's a common problem caused by a mismatch between the BlackBerry OS you have installed on your PC and the OS you have installed on your BlackBerry.

If you want to install BBSmart Email Viewer Over-The-Air, navigate to the following site with the BlackBerry Browser and follow the prompts: BBSmart OTA Install

EDIT: I just noticed you mentioned RIM tested those applications and told you they didn't work...I'm not sure why they would say this because there are quite a few people within RIM using our software on the latest devices (we've done several deployments for them) and I've never heard anything about troubles with the 8320.

Cheers,
eZainny.
Yes they all will work now, as i received another follow up mail from Rim, and , was able to install all s/w. But, let me say this again, as shown in previous post, It did not work on his [RIM Support ] 8320 , till he reloaded . You would think this would not be the case with the manufacturers own supports 8320.

"I proceeded on to download and install the BlackBerry 8320 Handheld
Software (v 4.2.2.171).

After installing the BlackBerry Handheld Software, I am able to add the four
applications which you sent me earlier. All the applications are working fine
now on my BlackBerry 8320, except that it is prompting me for the verification
codes.

I do recommend you to replicate the same steps I did as follow:

1. Download and Save to the Desktop, the BlackBerry 8320 Handheld Software (v
4.2.2.171) from Unsupported Browser
2. Install the software after the download has been completed.
3. Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
4. Run through the process of adding the applications again

If you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us either by
replying to this message or by calling us at 1-877-255-2377.

Thank you again for contacting us.

You have a good evening, Stanley.

Sincerely,"