View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #17
international

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Text/SMS Preferences for BB

How about RIM answering the following question raised below and all of us commenting on specific likes/dislikes for sms/texting:

How can BB improve the sms/ organization?

I like the one sms thread for each person listing statements and storing them until you decide to delete a specific text or entire thread. I like when I can easily view, by color, my comments versus the sender.

If the sms function can be developed better than what the Treo currently offers that could be a factor that induces a signifcant percentage of Treo users to cross over (assuming the data plan doesn't present a deal breaker). Simply, improve the visual aesthetics by introducing a single thread per person and a different color for the sender/reader! MARKET THIS NEW FUNCTION.

At the end of the day, a car is a car. However, luxury cars have included a quasi sports-look to gain market share for the common man/woman and for the wealthy. Similarly, BB can do more with its software and gain more marketshare in the short & long term. People NEED to think out of the box and be creative to address "needs/desires". In this context, the iphone is instructive.

Just my thoughts and I am interested in your point of view. We can agree to disagree but if we all concede this is an SMS improvement worth having, an active plan for action will bring about a direct answer from RIM versus nonaction leaving us all wondering about that "brighter work/college day tomorrow".

Work hard & Party right!