View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #25
birddog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Ok, a multi million dollar company is going to miss your 180.00 to 200.00 a month why?
Obviously, if I am the only person that bolts and give them that reason, you are correct; they won't change a thing. The only way it makes a difference is if they hear the same thing from thousands of bolting customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Sprint asked why I was leaving I told them and they said bye see how it works. They have lost over 300,000 subscribers in the past 3 quarters have they improved on the IDEN side hell no and will they hell no. Why because they are making money and dont care what we think.
If your (implied) assertion about Sprint is correct, that they have heard the reason you gave for leaving 300,000 times, and they have not attempted to correct it, they have serious management problems. More likely, I suspect if they are loosing that many customers, and they are not address the problem, the customers are giving various reasons (or no reasons) why they are leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
I'm sure they will ask why, but regardless of anyone's reasoning, they're still not likely to enable the internal GPS on the 8830 unless they can generate a monthly revenue stream from doing so.
(This is their plan, with the pending introduction of VZnavigator for the 8830.)
Yes, the only way it will make a difference is if they perceive that the lost revenue (from people like me that don't renew our contracts) is greater that the additional revenue they get from VZnavigator on the 8830.

In my case, they will be loosing my families total monthly revenue (about $150/month) because they will be trying to make an additional $10/month.

I have no idea how many customers they will loose because of this, but if they loose 1 person (like me who pays for 3 phones) for every 14 VZNs they sell with an 8830 -- they will have lost money overall. Whether they actually do the math -- who knows, but they probably will if they hear it thousands of times.

Last edited by birddog; 06-28-2007 at 04:17 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote