Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #24
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRom View Post
having a problem with long emails. Bottom of screen says "retrieve more" but then get an error "Sorry. Mroe could not be retrieved. Please check your connection status and try again alter" but there is no connection issue as the first part opens fine as do others and I can use other connected apps.
I have seen this before, but only on "older" emails. Well, not old per se, but more than a few days old.

While testing SV, I would have to go back to try to find emails with graphic images in them to test with. I get a fair amount of emails daily but most of them are plain text. Every so often I go to eBay and "Watch An Item" so that I get emails with embedded images. ;)

Anyways, back to the topic. If the email is very recent, I can retrieve more, but if the email is say, a week old (I didn't nail down the exact time frame) and it was a long email, then I would get that same error PLUS have an ugly looking red X next to the message in the list when I closed it.

I would suspect that emails get deleted from RIM's servers after a couple of days (perhaps someone can confirm). When reading short emails on your handheld, you don't have to access RIM's servers but for long ones, you do; as the entire email isn't downloaded automatically if it's more than a certain length I guess. So when you go to the bottom of that email and the BB tries to retrieve more but can't, I think that's why you get that message. There is nothing more to retrieve [any more].
Offline   Reply With Quote