Old 06-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #33
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryberry7 View Post
I too think its ridiculous Verizon deactivated the Internal GPS function for the 8703e when sprint/nextel or Altel does not deactivate this feature.

In regards to this function being deactivated by the network, I phoned verizon blackberry Technical support, which they conferenced RIM in on our converstion.

They could not tell me how to "unlock" or activate this. The rep from Verizon said all verizon phones are deactived, and we take no part in 3rd party GPS software. I then brought up the fact that sprint /nextel/altel using the SAME BB 8703e can use the internal GPS feature that comes with this phone with no problem. I may consider switching if Verizon doesn't allow this, it makes NO SENSE what so ever. The RIM rep added unfortuantley your network doesn't support this on your phone.

The representative then suggested and told me, I cannot tell you how to unlock /activate the internal GPS feature on your phone, being a Verizon rep I cannot violate this policty. However you can find someone who knows how to enable the the GPS on your phone, which would be a hacker of some sort, and who knows how to get into the blackberry to unlock this code.

So infact THIS CAN be done on your BB. The technical rep from Verizon with RIM conferenced on the phone gave me this advice himself. This is NOT something the network has to turn on.
The rep suggested this from Verizon, so I see no harm can possibly be done in finding a hacker or someone who knows the BB to do this. The question is where can I find him/her!
If anyone has any suggestions or comments please advise.
I dont care what they told you its aint happening. If it could be done I am certain someone here would have figured it out.