Old 05-19-2005, 10:17 AM   #21
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
This is definitely normal for the Cingular 7290's. Possibly other models but we only have 7290's from Cingular. Ours cause interference with computer speakers, phones, radios, and the audio systems in our conference rooms. The latter is a real issue as mostly our executives have the Cingular 7290's. It really doesn't matter if a speaker is powered or not and the interference is easily caused at distances of six feet and more.

As I said, the same Cingular 7290's when equipped with T-Mobile SIM's do not cause interference until the device is right next to a speaker. None of our T-Mobile 6230's or 7230's cause interference until placed inches away from a speaker. We have some Nextel Blackberries as well but they are only used in our eastern division as Nextel provides better coverage out there but I have no first hand experience with them.

Yes, all GSM phones cause interference but not all to the same degree. Your carrier -- or, more accurately, the frequencies used by your carrier since T-Mo doesn't use 850MHz -- can make a difference as to how bad the interference is as well.
Then I would take your phones back. I have a 7290 Cingular and have had minimal, i repeat, minimal problems with buzzing and never from 6 feet away. there are times when if the volume is really low on the car radio it will buzz for a second or two while gathering data. other than that, no buzz