View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #82
kirwoodd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerNo9 View Post
It's too bad Verizon's 8830 doesn't have a camera.

Today was a perfect example why every phone/blackberry should have a camera. All the still and video footage taken by students at Virginia Tech helped tell the story we all wanted to know. The ability to capture events like this on your phone is changing the way the media reports the news.

Anyway... I want my next blackberry to have a camera... even if that means switching away from Verizon.
There was a time when I would have scorned you for your camera love, but I think I agree with you. I suppose that I should prepare to be scorned.

For me its less about changing mass media (although I agree with you) and more about utility. Have you seen any of the software that turns your cell phone camera into a document scanner? Pretty cool.

So I may be kissing Verizon good bye this summer as well. Its not just the camera either, it seems like they do way to much crippling of their hardware. Too bad since they have such a nice network.