View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
DontNukeMyBB

Model: 8707v
Carrier: Vodafone
Default BlackBerry device really, really nuked

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, gurus,
this is a new member from Italy; I posted my presentation in the "New Members" forum and, asking for help, I was suggested to post my "nuking" problem in the appropriate section.
So, here am I; please, be patient if it is a ridiculous question: I'm totally new as a BES administrator .
And now, go with the mighty Copy&Paste...

I'm a fresh&new BlackBerry addicted, and in few days I understood that I really love my BB and my new role of BES Administrator.
First post here, obviously due to a problem (I searched in this database but I did not find a response to my question, I fear because it is a really simple and probably stupid one ; if there is a faq regarding the same argument posted elsewhere around here, please excuse me: I told you that I'm quite new).
The scenario (not too much detailed, but due to the simple nature of the problem):

- BlackBerry 8707v
- BES for Domino

Ok, all is working great , but... one user had some strange problems, I think caused by his not-locked keyboard in his pocket (probably some configuration has been deleted or something).
Ok, no problem, let's use the "Wipe" function ---> same result
Well, let's try the "Nuke" function... ok, it worked, the device is nuked (on starting, it shows the "507" screen), and now I have to load the device with a new configuration.
Ok, but... ops, I have not a saved configuration, well let's create the first... ops again, I find that I need the Device Software Configuration package and to point to %CommonFiles%\Research in Motion folder...
And here is the question: precisely, which are the necessary steps to load the "Device Software Configuration package" and what is it (a JAR archive, a folder with some files, or other), and where I can find it? (uhm... yes, these are three questions, but you know what I mean)
I downloaded from BlackBerry site a file called 8707vM_PBr4.1.0_rel394_PL3.0.0.41_A4.1.0.316_Voda _UK.exe.
Is it the right file I need?
And now?
Have I to launch it on the same machine with the BES installed?
I need help; sorry for the probably stupid question, but the BES help guide is not so helping and, you already know, I'm new in the BB World.
Thanks in advance