View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 11:19 PM   #43
KDillon

Model: 8100
Default HS-655 vs Discovery 655???

Everyone Should Buy the Plantronics Discovery 655... the street prices are $40-$60 less and it comes packaged with the AAA battery charger option which provides an additional 10 hours of talk time. I've been burned by the Bberry HS-655... paid full retail (US$139.99 + US15.00 Shipping) when it first came out, similar connection problems as reported in other blog entries here. I am not sure what "delay" problem you all are discussing, but the HS-655 continuously disconnects and reconnects with my 8100.

And, when it shipped to me off of ShopBlackberry.com... it came in a plain brown box in bubble-wrap... just the headset, ear pieces, and loop. No manual, no warranty info, no service info, no AAA battery charger. What a waste. RIM should be ashamed. No one should be buying their version of this product. GO WITH THE PLANTRONICS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoodtymes
Great news for those of us who tried the Plantronics 655 headset but were frustrated with the delay. My RIM rep was by today and he had the Blackberry branded 655 so I tried it out and no delay at all! It would connect the call right away, very impressed!