View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #42
JPenrose
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: TELUS
Wink

2 of our system guys drove themselves nuts yesterday trying to get the Send As to work for the Protected Accounts.

What worked today for me was this cmd (stated in an earlier post) run on my PDC Emulator:

dsacls "cn=AdminSDHolder,cn=System,dc=domain,dc=com" /G "domain.com\BlackBerrySA:CA;Send As"

For the most part, configuring the permissions directly on the AdminSDHolder object in the System container to allow BESAdmin Send As for protected groups isn't working for many folks (us included). I think the DSACLS works because it sets permissions that aren't revealed in the GUI Security tab.

For the record and, as a matter of principle, I tried the direct route on the AdminSDHolder object and waited 3 hrs. Thanks for playing buddy but no SOAP.

I ran DSACLS and 2 hrs later I could send mail. I didn't know about the system attendant restart until now or it likely would have been faster.

Bottom line, most of the DST stuff is pretty straight up including the Send As bit if you can wade through the mountains of doc and instructions and cut to the bits that work. We're about done save for the calendar update tool and a few BB devices then we can put it to bed. It's a hassle and a distraction and I for one can't wait to move on.

-J