View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
gator12
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default May Return 8800 & Keep 8700c

Please Login to Remove!

I realize that it's all a personal preference, however I respect many of your inputs and opinions. About 4 months ago I crushed my 8700 and had to get a brand new one. Fortunately I was able to pay the upgrade price. I was excited about the 8800 mainly for 3 reasons. It's slimmer, stills has a qwerty, and I liked the idea of having the voice command for dialing. I'm in the car driving around the state daily, and the voice command seemed to be a safer way to dial. I've had my 8800 for a few days now, and I do like the slimness, getting used to the keyboard although the 8700 worked for me. I am using the convenience key for the voice command. I figured this will be the safest way while driving, just press the side key and enter the command. Two issues I'm having is that i accidently press that key all the time which is a pain, and I don't find it that reliable. Don't get me wrong, I think the 8800 is great,but media card, a little better speaker, speed etc. may not convince me to keep it, especially since I had to pay the full price. I need a BB for work, and I am hooked, I don't have to compose long emails often, but the full keyboard is the way for me. Any suggestions??