View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
tical
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230
Carrier: cingular
Default upgrading help needed

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I am a technician (still learning) and am new to modding blackberrys, I work on GSM phones and am OK with the regular phones in terms of modding.

Originally Posted by BradB
I'm new to this forum and frankly to Blackberry. What is the .67 firmware update/ I just updated to .64 through T-Mobile, can I go to .67 without any issues?

No, you can upgrade with no problems. Just uninstall the .64 from your PC. Install the .67 and delete the vendor.xml file. Plug your Pearl in and the Desktop Manager will ask if you want to upgrade.

I use the same computer for upgrading so will have multiple instance of applications.

Where exactly will I find the vendor.xml, on my PC vendor.xml appears in several locations. which one is the correct one to remove ?t

I want to upgrade a 8100 pearl. it is currently .64

my specific questions

1 Are the blackberry 8100 DM compatible with any BB 8100, or must the DM be the same version as the OS ?

2 Are there any 'unbranded' 8100 OS that I can use ?. I would like to unbrand (if posssible ) the 8100, which DM would be used ?

3. if no unbranded OS is available, then I would want to upgrade to the .67. can the 4.2.0.12 DM with apploader 4.2.0.14 be used. I have that currently installed

3 Instructions to upgrade, possible instructions above would work, but any missing steps, because there may be some assumptions that are taken for granted that a newbie would not know. plus any other thing that I should know when upgrading