View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #13
cthiel

Model: 7130c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Wireless Synchronization of the PIM (non-Calendar, non-Email) is done by the BES and not configured within Desktop Manager. If connected to a BES and wireless synchronization of those items are enabled, it will remove the check from those options within the PIM configuration (it should also warn you the first time you go into the PIM configuration about the wireless synchronization being enabled already). I have never personally seen Wireless Sync as an option for those items in BDM - only the Calendar.
I am having similar problems. I upgraded from a 7230 to a 7130, and initially only the tasks and notes synchronized wirelessly (along with the legacy email and calendar) but not the contacts. In trying to fix the contacts problem, I've upgraded my desktop software to 4.1, had my BES administrator delete and re-add my account (twice), tried a completely new 7130, but to no avail. The problem is worse now because the tasks and notes don't sync wirelessly either. I did notice that the selection of "wireless synchronization" initially was in the Blackberry Options for the tasks and notes, but it is not there now. My IT guy spent about 2 hours on the phone with the BES administrator, and they don't appear to know how to make the contacts sync wirelessly (hence sending me the new Blackberry). The only lead I really have at this point is that the Enterprise Activation status is still saying "synchronizing service desktop". I'm thinking of deleting the desktop sync service book as someone mentioned earlier - perhaps to cause a restart of the enterprise activation.